Friday, April 10, 2009

the best aunt in the world?

It's 1:15am, but I'm not going to bed until I share the fruits of my labor. I talked to Ryan's sister, Michelle, last night about the nursery for their little boy to be born this summer. She showed me the bedding and asked about some artwork opinions. Well, I started looking around and I thought that I could probably paint something to match the bedding as long as it wasn't too complicated. Since I'm not really one to wait, and because I'm still alone, and because it's a 3 day weekend, I bought the supplies today and started working on it right after work.

Here is the bedding:


And here is the artwork:



The pictures came out really dark, but the flash didn't work that well either. The colors look much more vibrant in real life.

Of course I'm not 100% happy with it, but I think once it's in the room with the bedding it will be cute. I hope it's not to "matchy matchy!" I hope Michelle and the new baby like it!!

Now I have to go to bed for my exhausting day tomorrow...I have a mani/pedi in the morning and a hair appointment in the afternoon and an appt with my couch after that! Have a great Friday!

5 comments:

mrodriguez05 said...

definitely, BEST Aunt in the world!! :) It is SO perfect susy and I can't wait to hang it in Samuel's room! gabe said..."ryan needs to go out of town more often!" ahahaha :) Also, i just had a feeling that you wouldn't be able to wait and would have some great piece finished last night!!

Leslie said...

It looks awesome! Great job!

Leah said...

Good job Susy! I think that design is so cute!

Magen said...

SOOOO PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!

Ashley said...

I love it. You are so creative.