1) Bridesmaid dresses. At any other formal occasion it would be considered very bad form to show up in the same dress as 4-5 other girls. I feel the same should apply in this scenario. Also, if it's not black tie, then why must the bridesmaids wear gowns? It just seems a bit off to me. And if I was a bridemaid in your wedding, don't worry...I loved the dress and wore it several more times. ;)
2) Weddings. One of the most intimate moments of your life...in front of 150 people. Someone please explain this one to me...I still don't get it, obviously.
3) The two ladies that pushed in front of me at the bread line in Zabar's. I just can't cut it around these little old ladies.
4) People that are heavy that feel they can still sit next to me on the subway. I take 3/4 of a seat and you take up 1-1/2 seats, that equals more than 2 seats and I always lose. Not fun. (and I've been berated enough about my weight in my life...I feel I can say this freely).
5) Jon and Kate. Enough said.
6) The people that complain about the line at Shake Shack. If you don't want to stand in line for 25 minutes to buy an $8 burger and $4 fries, then don't come to Shake Shack! That's the point!
7) People that call Arkansas, Arizona. I am not from Arizona...or Alabama...and while I'm on the subject, Arkansas is in between Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Tennesee. If you also don't know where any of those states are, then I'm sorry, I can't help you. And yes, it's considered the South.
8) Just because I'm from Arkansas, I'm not a hick. I can call myself a hick, but you cannot. I can, however, call you a guido.
9) This: Buttermilk biscuits and sausage gravy, hand cut biscuits, should not be on the same menu as this: Tofu scramble on toast, sauteed spinach, scallions. It's just not right.
10) Brooklyn. You're trying too hard. (That would be the burrough...not the name or adorable baby.)
And so you don't think I'm a horrible grumpy person here are the things that make me blissfully happy:
1) Ryan
2) Darby
3) Watching movies
4) Eating nothing but fresh vegetables from the garden for a meal. The more that are fried the better.
5) Driving around my hometown with a Sonic drink in my cup holder. Throw in any of my many friends from the area in the car and it's even better.
6) Seeing my friends' babies. I love seeing the things I remember about them from our childhood in their children (like how Mary Claire is just as silly as her mama).
7) Listening to bluegrass music. It always reminds me of my Granddaddy, and that makes me miss home, but in a good way.
8) Fried Chicken!
9) Sonic Cherry Cokes!
10) Listening to my Papa tell jokes or be silly. He is the funniest grumpy old man!
11) Cooking with my Grandmommy
12) Christmas music (especially Amy Grant)
13) When my mom and all of her sisters are together. It's very loud, but lots of fun.
14) My Aunt Donna...she's such an interesting lady, and she wears great jewelry.
15) Razorback Football!
16) Hanging out with Ryan's Gramma and Grandpa Willis...she is a hoot and he is about as nice as anyone can be (and I can see him in Ryan).
17) Having coffee with Ms. Jane. The best lady in the world. Hands down. I'm going to nominate her for Sainthood. I'm not kidding.
18) The fact that one year ago today my wildest dreams came true, and I had a meeting with her. Dreams really do come true...all of mine have. Other than the day I got married, that's the single best day of my life. It is also my parents anniversary! So,
Happy Anniversary!!
See...I have 8 more things to be happy about than annoy me! It's all looking up! :) What annoys you/ makes you happy?






3 comments:
HAHA...I just complained to the Post office about their 1-800 #. After I typed in my appropriate zip code, the automated system not only said Herber instead of Heber(which happens all to often also) it then said Arizona. I mean c'mon..this is the Post office and even they don't know where Arkansas is!!
Thanks for clarifying your #10 annoyance.
Brooklyn's Mommy :)
Annoy: People that say "...someday, I'm gonna..." Hey, someday is not a day of the week, just do it, no more excuses! Happy: A good book and a rainy day.
Post a Comment