Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Traditional or Modern?

As I contemplate wedding vs. eloping I also consider what I will someday register for. I love the clean modern look of the Vera Wang and Kate Spade china, but I also love the traditional look of Wedgewood. I know I want something simple...that's it. With Wedegwood anything would go...beautiful crystal or antique pieces...but that might be too fussy. The Vera Wang and Kate Spade have gorgeous crystal to go with it (with pretty gorgeous price tags to match), and it's all clean and simple. Let's face it...I'm a Southern girl...and tradition usually wins out to anything that will look dated...but I just don't know. I do know one thing though...I love Spode! This would definitely set me apart from the modern crowd...it doesn't get much more traditional than Spode "Blue Italian." The Spode dishes usually get a pretty decisive answer...you either think it's classic and elegant, or just plain ugly. What do you think? Let's vote!! Leave comments please!

Wedgewood "Signet Platinum"

Vera Wang "Grosgrain"

Spode "Blue Italian"

Disclaimer: Although I may consider the commets left, it will have nothing to do with what I actually pick...sorry...I'll have you over for dinner and you can judge my decision to your heart's desire. And no, mom, this doesn't mean I'm any closer to making a decision regarding wedding plans...it's just for fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very funny, HA! HA! By the way, Daddy likes the Spode, of course. I have no opinion since it does not matter anyway - when have you ever listened to me! LOL!

The Kuhns said...

Personally, I think with your good ole Southern Magnolia raising - and the generous people of the community - you could have complete sets of both! I say go for the Spode and the Vera Wang. (So maybe this is a tacky observation, but it's true...we come from a very generous community.) But...point 1...you still have to please your mother and move closer to those decisions:) Aren't you so glad that you have become one of my regular blog stops???

Ashley said...

I love the Spode but the Vera Wang is also very beautiful. Either way you go, it will be perfect.

Leslie said...

My vote is for the Wedgewood. Simple elegance is my personal favorite.

Magen said...

I like the first two, but personally not the Spode. But that may only be because I remember my mom collecting a very similar pattern on each her trips to Kroger when we were growing up. I LOVE mine... Tirschenreuth Baronesse (White). It's so dainty and it makes me smile every time I look at it!