By the way...did you know that the scene in Sex and the City The Movie where Carrie and Miranda are chatting in the park, and then they stop and sit and eat sandwiches is the place where Ryan and I got married! Yep, it's the Ladies Pavilion. They added the bench that Carrie is sitting on, because there are only two that face each other on opposite sides of the pavilion. Where Miranda is sitting is where I signed my marriage license! Read about it here:
"Miranda (Cynthia Nixon) confesses her marital problems to Carrie over a picnic lunch in the Ladies' Pavilion at Central Park. The cast-iron Victorian structure, named after the women who once used its benches to change into their ice skates, borders Central Park's lake between 75th and 76th streets (centralparknyc.org). "There aren't too many places in Manhattan where you can sit and really take in the city's skyline," says location manager Michael Kriaris. "Central Park is one of those spots, but since we were shooting in autumn, and the scene was supposed to take place in the spring, we had to truck in our own plants and flowers!"
I love this picture...mostly because I love Jaime and Dooley.
And I included this picture just because I like it. Being the control freak I am, I did my own bouquet. I used all white and cream because I couldn't commit to a color. It was roses, freesia, and sweet pea. I used a wide light green satin ribbon around it (thank you MSLO style department) and an antique pin with an "S" on it from my friend Rachael (it was her grandmother's, and she was the only other person besides Jaime and Dooley that knew we were getting married...she sent chocolate covered strawberries to our honeymoon suite...that was so nice). It was the perfect bouquet for the perfect wedding.








1 comment:
That is funny. I just recently watched the Sex & the City Movie and saw this scene. I made the comment to Chad that this looked like the place from your wedding pictures. That is so cool.
Post a Comment