Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Reading...

I've been reading a lot lately, and I recommend everything that I've read to all of my loyal bloggers...
First, I got Multiple Blessing by Jon and Kate Gosselin...I read it very quickly and I laughed and cried...it was great!
Then I got Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney from the Girl Talk blog...it was good and was a good lesson on being a godly wife and taught me that I must try harder. It's on my nightstand now, and I try to read a little bit before bed every night...I like to read things 2-3 times to really get it to sink in.
Now I'm reading Shopping for Time by the Girl Talk girls and it's definitely a keeper! I only got it last night, but from what I've read so far it seems like valuable knowledge that is very applicable to every woman's life!
I am also reading We've Always Had Paris...and Provence by Patricia and Walter Wells. Patricia is a cookbook author and has her own cooking school in France. I love reading books about food, and I noticed this one a few months ago. It just came out not too long ago and is only available in hardback and I wouldn't pay full price, but I got a 40% off coupon for Barnes and Noble the other day and that was my excuse to buy it!! I absolutely love it so far! They are very honest about their journey to France and learning to live there and love it all while enjoying some great cuisine!
I realize many of you out there are very busy, but if you find time for books these are all good choices in my opinion!

This is a follow up to Kristen's comment. Two books at the very top of my list are We're Just Like You, Only Prettier: Tales of a Tarnished Southern Belle by Celia Rivenbark (it's laugh out loud funny and oh so true) and My Life in France by Julia Child. I also loved 1776 by David McCullough. Also Take Big Bites: Adventures Around the World and Across the Table by journalist Linda Ellerbee. I like Emily Giffin; she wrote Something Borrowed, Something Blue, Baby Proof, and recently Love the One Your With. They are good vacation books or for a quick read. Something Borrowed and Baby Proof are my favorites...party because they are set in my neighborhood. I'm sure there are a few more...if I think of them I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Choices Susy. Sometime I would like to know what your all time favorites are. Scott and I both used to work at Barnes and Noble and we both developed some seriously book lust working there. I'm always curious about the books people are buying and reading.

Anonymous said...

Take Big Bites is one of my all time favorites...I have read it at least half a dozen times.