Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dinner for two...

I felt like entertaining this weekend, but since everyone I know was busy (let's be honest...I don't know that many people) I decided to treat Ryan to a fancy dinner. Thanks to the Williams-Sonoma website and Martha's I found some great recipes and made a menu. About halfway through cooking, I decided to document the 6 hour cooking session...watch out Giada!

First...I decided on the table setting...this one...or
this one...
I decided on the tulips and cream placemats and napkins...it felt more fitting for the meal.
The first thing I did was make the blueberry tarts. You can find the recipe here.
I had to make sure I continuously stirred the grapefruit granité so it didn't freeze completely...it turned out so yummy. You can find the recipe here.

Then it was on to the soup...Creamy Asparagus Soup with Seared Scallops...click here for the recipe.
Heavy cream...yum.
Add the spinach...
Into the blender...Almost done...
Searing the scallops...
Voila!
Now on to the main course...Beef Tenderloin with Bordelaise Sauce, caramelized carrots and shallots. Click here for the recipe.

Preparing the shallots for the sauce...

A little taste for myself...
More shallots and carrots to accompany the steaks...
Nice beef from Fairway...
Looking good...
Finished product...with sauce...
After the main course, it was time for the grapefruit granité...according to Williams-Sonoma "this digestive cleanses the palate and prepares diners for the wonderful dessert to follow."
And here is the wonderful dessert that followed...

Looking back it doesn't seem like that much...but it took forever! It was a great meal...and I enjoyed preparing it very much! Bon Appetit!








4 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh...can you come over to my house. I am ashamed to say that I do not cook. I clean...but I don't cook. I envy people that can do that. It looked amazing. Ryan is a lucky man.

Anonymous said...

Your daddy is jealous! I guess I need to try to keep up! Good thing you put the recipes with it. Send me some fresh scallops!

Magen said...

Does everyone who lives in NYC cook like that?? ;)
We had a nice fathers day dinner too - but it was Arkansas-style: Roast with carrots and potatoes in the crock pot, mac and cheese, and red lobster cheese biscuits!

Susy said...

No...most people in NYC don't cook...keep looking and you will see a picture of my kitchen. Don't ever complain about the size of your kitchen...I prepared a 4 course meal in a kitchen that is probably smaller than your closet. Ha! :)