You must go see THIS blog for some serious inspiration. Never underestimate what a little paint and elbow grease can do to a space. And never settle for an ugly house. You can make improvements to a space without spending a ton of money...and truly make a house your home.
One of my favorite things to do in my spare time is look at homes for sale (online, of course) in places that I might like to move to someday. I like to see what I might be able to get. I am often amazed at people's decorating skills, or rather, lack of decorating skills. I doesn't take much effort or money to get rid of stale white walls and out-dated hardware and fixtures in a home. The first thing I would do in a home is paint...paint every room, paint ugly cabinets (even if they are wood)...update hardware, lighting, etc., and change out any horrible flooring. Luckily, Jennifer, at The Old Painted Cottage show us how to do that! Enjoy!
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Thanks for writing such a beautiful post about our home!
Jennifer Grey
The Old Painted Cottage
Cute! It really makes me want to buy a house!
p.s. love your cutie patootie little blog too.. I think I found it this morning when I was clicking all of BooMama's dip links. I've been wasting all sorts of time reading old posts!!
Post a Comment