I saw a link on a couple of the twitter accounts I follow to pray for this family: THE SULLIVANS.
I clicked over, and I was immediately caught up in their story. Sara discovered she was pregnant, then two days later had a mammogram and discovered she had breast cancer. She underwent chemotherapy while pregnant, and delivered a healthy baby girl on Sept. 8. Then on the 18th she collapsed and is now on life support. Her brain is swelling, and they have no idea why.
I've been trying to stay away from the traumatic, depressing stories that so often catch people's attention in the blog world. It's not that I think they don't have merit or deserve my attention or prayers...it's just that I can't handle them. If someone asks for a prayer request, I'll often just say a prayer, and then go about my day. If I stop to read the story, then it often brings me down for the rest of day. But in this case, I just thought it was so heartbreaking (plus the fact that she is my age made it even more real). To face a such a horrible time, and finally have crossed at least part of the finish line (Sara still had chemo and radiation to do), but then to just be hit with this must be terribly difficult for her family. If you don't decide to read her story, please stop for a moment and say a prayer for her family today, and be grateful for the many blessings that we all have been given.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment