Since the temps are dropping outside and the kids are going back to school (well...your kids) and a lot of you have busier schedules, I thought I would share one of my favorite soup recipes. It is so incredibly easy that even those of you that say you can't cook will be able to pull this one off!Taco Soup
Ingredients:
1lb. of ground beef
1 can Rotel tomatoes (I have to get Del Monte diced tomatoes with green chiles because I can't find Rotel here!)
1 can diced tomatoes (I prefer Petite Diced)
1 can corn
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 packet Ranch dressing seasoning
1 packet Taco seasoning
1 tsp. dried cilantro
Directions:
Brown beef and drain. Add all other ingredients into pot, including juices. Cook for about 30 mins. in covered pot on low heat.
See...I told you it was easy!!! I try to get the low sodium options for the canned goods and taco seasoning if I can. I serve it with tortilla chips, sour cream, and shredded cheese. Ryan's mom adds one more can of beans, but I don't care for beans...so it's two for us. I think it would be really great with black beans too...but Ryan doesn't like black beans so I haven't tried that yet. One recipe usually lasts us 2-3 days, and it's great reheated!
1lb. of ground beef
1 can Rotel tomatoes (I have to get Del Monte diced tomatoes with green chiles because I can't find Rotel here!)
1 can diced tomatoes (I prefer Petite Diced)
1 can corn
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 packet Ranch dressing seasoning
1 packet Taco seasoning
1 tsp. dried cilantro
Directions:
Brown beef and drain. Add all other ingredients into pot, including juices. Cook for about 30 mins. in covered pot on low heat.
See...I told you it was easy!!! I try to get the low sodium options for the canned goods and taco seasoning if I can. I serve it with tortilla chips, sour cream, and shredded cheese. Ryan's mom adds one more can of beans, but I don't care for beans...so it's two for us. I think it would be really great with black beans too...but Ryan doesn't like black beans so I haven't tried that yet. One recipe usually lasts us 2-3 days, and it's great reheated!






4 comments:
We had this Friday night! I LOVE it. Mom used to make it when we were growing up. Add some fritos and a little sour cream - to die for!
Yummy! Can't wait for the temp to drop here! Sounds like a yummy fall meal!
This is my husband's favorite meal. It is one meal that I am really good at! Love it!
Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing. How can you live somewhere without sonic and rotel?
Post a Comment