Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's the size of a Cheez-it.

This is how I spent my afternoon...looking at the above ring...which in reality is closer in size to a Cheez-it. I think it was a little bigger than a Cheez-it actually. It is over 46 carats. Yes...46. Strangely enough, it is only worth around $500,000. I thought it would be more. I mean, it's a diamond the size of a snack cracker, right?
I went with my friend Nicole to the Christie's New York Jewels auction viewing today. It was fu-un.
This is was my favorite item of the day. At a mere $4,000-6,000 it is a steal. Honestly, it is huge...and I don't know enough about diamonds to know why it is so cheap (cheap being a relative term here), but I have a feeling that with that rock on your finger, no one would consider you to be a cheapskate. It was gorgeous. Of course I told Ryan I must have it. To which he replied, "Certainly, my darling."

Then I woke up from my nap. Remember...I am unemployed...so there's time for naps. :)

Hopefully over the next few days I'll have the time and the energy to update on all of the goings-on around here. Thanks for the comments and nice thoughts and prayers. I am one of the lucky ones that isn't scrambling to find a job quickly in order to pay bills and get groceries. Contrary to the above post, I'm not spending all of my time looking at million dollar jewels, but I am trying to enjoy this time to get settled into the new apartment and evaluate where I want to be and how I want to move forward in my professional life. I have been pretty busy in last few days, and we just got internet and cable. There is much internet searching to do, and many episodes of The Real Housewives to New Jersey to catch up on!

1 comment:

Leah said...

Susy, Oh goodness! I haven't been on facebook in forever and I guess I never saw what the "statistic" was! I am so sorry about your job! Uggghhh! I will be praying for you! Love ya