Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thankfulness

When my friend in Tennessee, Brandi, went through a similar experience as mine, she made a list of things she was thankful for at the time. I thought this was a wonderful way to offer up praise for the good things happening during a difficult time. So...here's my list...as you can see I have much to be thankful for...
- I'm thankful that I have a hard-working husband that is a great provider for his little family.
- ...that it was my job and not my husband's.
- ...that we prepared for this very scenario.
- ...that I am able to take my time to find a job that I really want and will like.
- ...that I have a friend, Nicole, in my same shoes. (she is also from Arkansas, and has an Interior Design degree from UofA, and her situation is a little different, but we can support each other).
- ...I have insurance for awhile, and then I can be put on my husband's insurance if I need to.
- ...I have time to get settled in our apartment and I can do all of the things I have wanted to do, like clean everything really well, cook dinner, keep up with laundry, etc.
- ...it has been cool enough that we haven't needed our air conditioner. We might need a new one, and this is putting off a potential expense, as well as keeping our electric bill down.
- ...that I have this great new, light filled apartment. It's a nice place to spend time in.
- ...so far I've been able to stay busy, so I don't have time to get bored and feel sorry for myself.
- ...that I have such great friends thinking of us, praying for us, and offering their help.

I could go on, but I'll stop. As you can see, I don't have much to be depressed about. I think the thing I am most unsure of is being faced with change. Ah! Change just won't leave me alone! I don't like you, change! Is God trying to tell me something?

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Your words brought tears to my eyes. Thank you. Bless you.