Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Little Susy Homemaker


I think that saying was around before I was born...but it could have come from me. My parents didn't know how appropriate my name was when they named me.

I've become fascinated by the homemaking portion of the Girl Talk blog and books about the subject. I think I am drawn to it so much because it really speaks to who I am as a woman. There is nothing more that I love in the world than homemaking. It might sound crazy...I know...but it's true. I have always loved cooking, decorating, crafts, and as of late...cleaning (yes..me...cleaning!). To be honest it's why I love Martha, and why I went into interior design as a career. I soon learned though that I don't love making up other peoples homes...I'm more interested in my own. I'm not sure if it's something that I was born with or if my mom and Grandmommy just did a good job raising a little girl...maybe both. My heart's desire is to be a homemaker only...but unfortunately it's the world's desire that I continue to pay my bills. :( Homemaking is quickly losing it's appeal in this feminist world, and it's a Godly trait that I think is important to keep. So take a break from your hectic jobs and read up ladies! Click here.

1 comment:

Lins said...

I know the feeling girl... it's my heart's desire to be a homemaker too!! Dang it, I HATE bills!!!