I can't wait to make pumpkin pie this year!! I think it might just be me and Ryan celebrating our first Thanksgiving as a married couple, but we are still having a full meal. This is my favorite meal to prepare and eat!!! I spend days planning and chopping and cooking. We may even have two desserts...because I just can't decide between the pumpkin pie and the cranberry walnut tart. Ryan isn't really a fan of either, but they are so insanely good and holiday-ish that I can't resist. He likes cake...but I'm a traditionalist and I've never had cake for Thanksgiving...or even heard of having cake...so I just can't do it. I did, however, make this cake last year to take to work. Thankfully, my culinary efforts were always appreciated at MSLO, and I loved to bake things and take them in (I even got to make Apple Turnovers with apples from the big M's orchard). This recipe is very easy and pretty fool-proof, so I encourage all of you try it!!
Pumpkin Spice Cake with Honey FrostingGrandmommy Update: My Grandmommy was discharged from the hospital late this week, and is doing well. She still has a long way to go, but they say she is doing as well as can be expected. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
2 comments:
Put me in the Pumpkin Pie column. That is hard to beat with whipped cream on top.
So glad to hear that Grandmommy is doing well!
Post a Comment