Saturday, November 1, 2008

Small, great world...

I got a text at 3:34pm today from my friend Caron asking for urgent prayers for her husband's cousin Scott, his wife Jill, and their new baby boy. They were in an accident today, and Jill was seriously injured. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding this summer, and Scott performed the ceremony. It is now 11:00pm, and I have already read 3 posts on blogs that I frequently read requesting prayers. Scott is also the pastor at Wyatt Baptist in El Dorado, which is the church that Courtney's husband grew up in. Little did I know how many lives in my world this family has touched, and now I can help to spread the word about them to lift them up in prayer. Isn't it amazing how quickly the power of prayer spreads throughout the country? Please continue to pray for Jill and that God will heal her and bring comfort to her family.

1 comment:

Magen said...

Oh, I'll say a prayer for her!