Necklaces hanging in my closet (no longer in a shoe box under the bed).
But now that I'm in NY, and living with my husband who doesn't always agree with my decorating style, I've had to learn even more!
Under my kitchen sink.
I got rid of a ton of cleaning supplies when we moved into our new apartment. I now only have the necessities...window cleaner, bathroom cleaner, all-purpose cleaner, dish detergent, wood polish, floor cleaner, and laundry stuff. For some reason I had almost a garbage bag full of other random cleaners, polishes, etc. Now there is room for everything to be neatly organized. The clear boxes group things, and one holds tape, touch up paint, hooks, and other random items.
Under the bathroom sink.
The bathroom was the same as the kitchen. I got rid of a ton of unnecessary items. There were so many random bottles of body spray, bubble bath, face wash, etc. I used to get some of it for free from work, so it got a little out of hand. Once I purged, I put the things that can stand up in a basket to keep them contained and from falling over, and the rest was put in a clear bin from the Container Store. These clear boxes were all under $3 or $4 a piece, and really worth it. It's great that they have a lid, so I can stack things on top of them for more vertical storage.
Really, I'm just trying to make sure that everything has a place and that everything has a purpose. I don't have the room or the storage options to keep the extra stuff around that I don't need. I'm learning to be good at organizing, but I'm certainly not great, because, my shoes are usually in a heap in the bottom of my closet, and I still have areas that need major organization, but at least I feel like I have made some progress. It's been so great to get these lessons right now. Someday, when I have a house, I hope I can use these same methods to stay organized on a much larger scale.
Do you have any storage organizations tips?






2 comments:
These are great tips. I am always looking for new ways to organize.
Yay Susy! When we moved recently, I had two boxes full of "random cleaning supplies." What in the world? Our other out of control area is tools and random nails, screws, etc. I guess that comes from living in old houses! When you figure out the shoe issue...please let me know!
Post a Comment