Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Good at many things...Great at none- Part 3- The real post

Tonight I was fixing dinner (we are having hamburgers if you must know), and I was reaching up into the cabinets, squishing the beef, washing my hands, and my shirt kept riding up and revealing this:
Yes. I have a pudge. I have never weighed more than 110lbs. in my life, and I cannot conquer my belly.
Why on earth would I post such a picture, you ask?
Because if NieNie can post all of THIS, then I can post my pudge.
Blogging isn't about always showing the perfect meal I prepared or to be a portrait of the life I want everyone to think I live. It's about showing a little bit of me. Even if that little bit today is bulging between my shorts and top. It's about telling you that I did prepare my first Julia Child recipe...however I felt like I spent 3 hours, setting off almost every smoke alarm in my building (truth), fixing oven fried chicken. It was good oven fried chicken. But it was not the great Poulets Grilles a la Diable (Chicken Broiled with Mustard, Herbs, and Bread Crumbs) that I thought it would be. I did not want to admit that. Just like I have a good figure. But not a great one.
Just keepin' it real here in blogland.
Have a great evening!

4 comments:

Leah said...

I have always had a pudge and now I have a full blown muffin top! I am great at having a muffin top! I doubt, even if you try really hard, that you will ever be great at having a muffin top! Sorry Susy...too bad...you will have to live your life without the shape of baked goods exploding over your waistline! I hope you had a great day at work!

Ashley said...

I can completely relate to this post. I have lost all of my baby weight but I can't get rid of my pudge. Thanks for keeping it real on your blog.

mtator said...

You have cute pudge Susy! I'd show it, too :) Glad you see your happy!!

mtator said...

glad 'to' see your happy...I can't type :)