Friday, August 14, 2009

Super Magic Fingers

I just got home from a massage. It was wonderful. Sort of.

Ryan has been talking about this cheap massage parlor in our neighborhood, so the weekend of our anniversary we went. It is called Super Magic Fingers. And, yes, they do have super magic fingers.

It is far from a spa, but also far from spa prices. It is in what seems like an old apartment. There are just curtains separating you from the other patrons. There's not "Whispering Winds of the Navajo" or "Rainforest Streams" playing on a fancy sound system. It's just little Asian ladies with some serious strength, massage tables, and curtains. But at less than $1 a minute you get a pretty decent, no frills massage. It's a much better deal than $2+ a minute you pay at spas around here, especially when you just need some tension worked out.

And lately there has been much tension. But hopefully that will be subsiding.

When I described my massage to Ryan (He asked if it hurt as much as last time, because last time I could barely move for about 3 days after. I apparently had a lot that needed to be kneaded in my back. And boy did she knead.), I said, "It hurt. But it hurt so good."

I think that about sums it all up these days.

**And as a sidenote, I should have just gone to the chiropractor and everything would have been fixed. But I have new insurance, and I just don't feel like dealing with it. But if you have any issues with your back, I highly recommend a chiropractor. I personally believe these people will have a special place for them in heaven. They do God's work in my opinion. After you see one, you'll never be the same.

4 comments:

Leah said...

I am glad you enjoyed your massage, but your comment about chiropractors scared me a bit! There is, of course, a time and place for chiropractors.....I'll leave it at that!

Susy said...

Ok...maybe I came on a little strong about the chiropractor. But my chiropractor made me feel like a new person. I never realized that I held so much tension in my back and that I was living in constant pain...then I went to my chiropractor for almost a year with sometimes weekly alignments and it was like magic. I know some people don't care for them, but mine worked a miracle on me in my opinion.
Now I know how to correct my own posture, do yoga, and use massage to help before it turns into something like my previous situation.

Susy said...

And the whole special place in heaven thing...JOKE!!!! I'm not advocating unnecessary medical treatments or saying they are Gods or anything...just kidding around here people.

Leah said...

Oh girl you know I had to say something about chiropractors...they are practically the physical therapy arch enemy in the state of Arkansas! We have been in court with them for years for some pretty shady dealings on their part! I do think chiropractors do a great service. I just get annoyed when they try to take away PT from PTs. I also think you should only go to chiropractors that teach appropriate muscular strengthening to follow up the bony manipulations so that you do not get too lax and end up with a new problem! Sounds like you picked a good one!