And no...I'm not talking about my anniversary. Although, it does have something to do with my anniversary. This was part of my present from Ryan:

I haven't even opened it yet, because I'm afraid when I do I won't be able to shut it. The great thing about this book is that it not only has amazing recipes, but it shows you proper technique. It forces you to learn how to properly make what you are making. Martha Stewart perfected her cooking skills with this book in her Manhattan apartment as a young bride. Do I need to say anymore?

I first read Julie & Julia on a summer vacation to Cancun a few years ago. I bought that and My Life in France by Julia Child. I'll admit that compared to My Life in France, Julie & Julia wasn't as good, but I've been waiting for the movie since at least last summer. I went to the Upper East Side to shop for wedding dresses last summer (I went to Vera Wang, and they were horribly rude), and I saw that they were filming not too far away!! It was so exciting! I wanted to ditch all of my plans and just camp out to see if I could see them filming! And in case you don't care about cooking or Julia Child, the movie is written and directed by Nora Ephron, so that should be enough to get you to the theater to see it. She has written 3 and directed 2 of my favorite movies...When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle, and You've Got Mail (which is basically just one big nod to my neighborhood, which she used to live in until she basically got kicked out of the Apthorp because of rent control...gotta love it).
Julie & Julia comes out tonight at midnight, and it's taking everything in me not to buy tickets online right now and be at the movie theater at 11:30 to get the perfect seat for the 12:01 showing. But the movie is 2 hours long, and I am volunteering at a Leadership Summit tomorrow, so I don't think it would be very responsible. And yes, I considered not volunteering for the summit when I realized there was such an important conflict. I guarantee that I will be at the movie theater as soon as possible though. And there is a good chance I'll be stopping by Fairway on the way home because cooking something of the fancy variety will probably be unavoidable!
I'm so excited!!!!






1 comment:
Susy! As soon as I heard about this movie I thought about you! Wish I could watch it with you!
Post a Comment