Monday, August 24, 2009

Pork loin

I need an excuse to move that last post down so whenever I open my blog, I won't see the pudge. So, I'm sharing my recipe for Pork Loin. Yes...it's my recipe. I really enjoy pork, so I sort of invented this out of the stuff I had in my cabinets after looking at some other recipes. I really like the flavors. It is so yummy!

Also, I don't have exact measurements for this...you'll just have to figure it out on your own. Sorry. Just call me grandma.

You need molasses, dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, and lots of pepper.

Measure out about a cup of molasses. Add in 3 tablespoons dijon mustard. Add 2 or so tablespoons whole grain mustard. Stir. Add more or less of the above ingredients until it smells right. Yes...that's how I figure it out. It needs to be sweet, with a little kick of spice.

I like to think that I know what I'm doing...but at times like this I just wing it. Forgive me.

Take your pork loin and heavily pepper it. I like lots o' pepper on my pork.

At this point you can sear the pork, or just stick it in the oven (set on about 350)...whatever you have time for.

After about 10 mins. start pouring the glaze over the meat. Let it cook awhile longer, and add some more. Keep doing this until your out of the glaze and your meat is done. If you just dump the glaze on in the beginning it will just sort of melt off. I find that if you add it gradually it sticks better.

And make sure you line your pan with foil...the glaze with make a sugary, burnt mess if you don't. Your welcome.

I serve this with sweet potatoes and green beans.

It really is very easy...despite my rambling directions.

Enjoy!

No comments: