Friday, July 17, 2009

It soothes me...

Some people eat cakes when they get stressed or bored...I prefer to make them.
Ryan has been in California all week. I made him a little homecoming present to let him know NY missed him...


Ryan would rather eat cake than anything else. I prefer fruit pies and tarts or cookies, but he likes sweet cakes. He's trying to eat better to drop a few pounds, and this certainly won't help, but that's ok...hopefully he'll appreciate the effort!
It's far from perfect (the icing was a little too dry and you can totally tell, and I don't think I have a regular round tip here, so I just used 3 different bags with the ends trimmed), but I really enjoyed making it. I went a little crazy with the dots, but it's so easy to get carried away because it's so fun! He is taking the redeye back, so he'll see it in the morning.
I should do this more often. It is one of the most relaxing things I can do. I love it (and thankfully after I work on something like this I have zero desire to eat it...just the satisfaction of making it is enough for me!).

4 comments:

Abbie said...

I LOVE it! And I love the cake stand too!

Brandi said...

love it. very cool. hope he enjoys it!

Magen said...

so cute! You're such a great wife!

Chelsea said...

Wow. That is really cute! I also love the cake stand!