Friday, July 24, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday- Wedding Dress Edition



I couldn't help myself. I'm joining Kelly from Kelly's Korner in Show Us Where You Live Friday! It's show your wedding dress day!! I have a feeling lots of people will be joining in on this one!! I think every woman thinks she looked her best at her wedding, and is always wanting to show off those photos!!


I got my dress online from David's Bridal. I never saw it or tried it on before I bought it! I had an extremely hard time finding a dress!!! We decided at the beginning of the summer that we were getting married Aug. 1, so I didn't have a lot of time (it was me, the groom, one of my best friend's as a witness, her husband (the pastor), and a photographer in Central Park). Most traditional wedding dresses have at least a 3 month lead time, and I just didn't have time for that. I looked everywhere!!! I tried on bridesmaids dresses that came in cream or white, but at most places they make you buy 3-4 of those. They can make more money from the wedding dresses, so they don't want you buying the bridesmaid dress and wearing that instead. That is when I decided that weddings are just big money making schemes, but I digress. I looked at regular summer dresses in white or cream, and I just couldn't find anything. I finally saw this one and took a chance. When I got it I knew it was perfect. The best thing was that it was on sale! It was very inexpensive for a wedding dress, but I think it was beautiful. I was very particular about what to look for online and in a less expensive dress. I knew that I didn't want anything with lace, because cheap lace just doesn't look good (in my opinion, anyway) and I didn't want a lot of beading, because I was very particular about how it looked. I think it was beautiful because although it was simple, it had some great detail work that made it look very elegant.



This might be one of the better shots of the detail of my dress (above). It was strapless, with an outer layer of chiffon. It was gathered at the bust, and then pleated with no train.



This is a close up of the beading detail. This was the only beading on the dress, and I loved how simple it was. It looked kind of like a brooch.





I like this pic because it shows the movement and sheerness (is that a word?) of my dress. It was perfect for the setting and the way we got married.

Next Saturday will be our 1 year anniversary!! I can't believe it's been one year! It's gone by fast. Stay tuned...next week I will re-post the video that our photographer made so you can all relive that special day with us...whether you want to or not!!! :)

4 comments:

That Chick Over There said...

Your wedding was SO beautiful!

Abbie said...

Did I ever tell you that I think everything about your wedding was perfect... just perfect... perfectly Susy!

Kelly’s Korner said...

I really loved your dress!

The Fabulous Faby's said...

SOOOOO Stunning...and great photography...you spent your money wisely!