Monday, July 20, 2009

Well, I never...

I'm learning more and more everyday to never use the word NEVER! I used to talk to people that stayed home and say, "If I stayed home, I would get up everyday and make good use of my time. I would get up, get ready, get dressed, and accomplish something everyday. I would LOVE IT!! I would NEVER stay in my pj's all day and watch tv." I might not be in my pj's right now, but let's just say I'm not exactly "ready." My extra small Yankees hat is my new best friend. I can wash my face and put it on and avoid eye contact with all of the nannies in the park. I wear one of the 6 white tank tops I own, bermuda shorts, and my hat almost everyday. It's an unemployed woman's uniform. The funniest thing is that I never thought I would be what I considered lazy. But here I am...I have laundry to do, I need to clean up the dog hair that seems to cover everything, do the grocery shopping, and probably volunteer to do something useful, but instead I've surfed the internet some, watched tv, and napped. I'm beginning to think I've become agoraphobic. I think one of the worst contributers is that I know what I don't accomplish today I can accomplish tomorrow. I am an agoraphobic procrastinator. Is there something you said you would NEVER do and now you are living it? Please share so I don't feel so horrible.
I'm going to go make my grocery list now...on the menu for tonight: eating my words. :)

Have a pleasant Monday.

**UPDATE: Ok, so I did clean up a little (took the trash out, used the dust buster to suck up some of the dog hair, etc), cleaned out the fridge, went to the grocery store, and changed the sheets on the bed. It may have taken me until 4:00pm to accomplish anything...but at least I did something! Laundry is for tomorrow...let's see if that gets done. I have also found that if I get up in the morning and have coffee, breakfast, and make the bed, instead of going straight from the bed to the couch, it really gets me going better. I'm going to experiment for the rest of the week and see if it works.

2 comments:

mrodriguez05 said...

until the day benjamin was born, I said I would "NEVER" be a stay at home mom...and would "NEVER" let my child throw a fit in Target, WM, etc...and would "NEVER" let myself go--and right now, it's 5pm i'm still in my pjs and haven't showered in 2dys b/c I'd rather sleep when i have a few moments to myself!! :)

Ashley said...

I said I would never let my kids do something they shouldn't like eat candy before dinner just so I could get a little peace/quiet time. I did that this week :)