Thursday, July 30, 2009

Our First Anniversary!

Kelly's Korner 'Show Us Your Life' got it right by doing weddings last week and this week! Saturday is our first anniversary! This week is show us your wedding party and flowers. I didn't really have a wedding party...just a witness. So...we're just doing flowers today.

I did my own flowers. I picked out what I wanted from a flower shop not far from here, and made almost everything the night before. Here is a pic of our table the morning of the wedding:
breakfast from Zabars and flowers:
I used all creams and whites, with a little bit of greenery. The main flowers were roses, sweet pea, and freesia.
I made two arrangements to adorn the pavillion we were married under. Here we are putting those up before the ceremony:
Here you can see the arrangements and the white rose petals we put on the ground:
Here they are after the ceremony on the bench:
For those of you wondering, we didn't see each other all morning. Our ceremony was around 1:00, and Ryan and Dooley were there waiting for us making sure no one came in the pavillion. We had to get a permit that allowed us to ask anyone to leave that was hanging out there. We had a couple of things to do before the ceremony since I was bringing all of the flowers.
This pic is of me putting on Ryan's boutonniere that I also made:
I think one of my greatest floral feats to this day is my bouquet. It came out perfect (in my opinion, anyway!). I didn't want it too big, and I'm not a fan of very structured bouquets, so I knew I wanted it a little full with some wisps here and there, but not too crazy.

My something old and something borrowed was a pin that belonged to my friend's grandmother. I used it to secure the ribbon on the bouquet. The ribbon was a very wide, pale green satin.

And in my hair I wore a few small orchids. My hair was almost a disaster and the flowers saved it! The stylist had it all pinned and spikey...not something I wanted for my wedding! So I grabbed some orchids from the market on my way home, took out the pins, re-pinned it, wired the orchids with some floral wire and floral tape, and stuck them in! Voila! Wedding hair!

That about sums up the flowers! That was a long post for only 3 arrangments and a boutonneire!

10 comments:

Christa said...

The flowers you made are beautiful! Have a great first anniversary!!

Leslie said...

You're wedding hairstyle was gorgeous!

Natalia said...

LOVE your hair!!!

Ashley said...

Your hair was magnificent! Your flowers were lovely. I love how you incorporated your flowers into the heading of your blog, very unique!
Thanks for giving us a peak into your wedding day!

Nikki Cogg said...

You did a beatiful job on your flowers!! Happy anniversary!

Lift Like A Mom said...

Beautiful, beautiful pictures! You made a lovely bride.

Caroline said...

You did such a great job on the flowrs, they were beautiful.

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Very pretty! :) Love your pearls!

Claire said...

Love your flowers! Congratulations on your anniversary!

Cxx

Unknown said...

I'm so impressed you did your own flowers. They turned out so well! Thanks for sharing!