I am sitting at home at 1:45 in the afternoon eating chips and salsa with a Wild Cherry Pepsi with my newly brown hair thinking that this is the life!
My morning started with a stare down between me and some drug store hair dye. I came to the conclusion that I could buy a plane ticket for the same price as a trip to the beauty shop, so the plane ticket won. As much as I felt pretty with blond hair, it's just not practical at this point in my life. Since the only other time I've felt pretty was prom (yes...I have no regrets about prom!), this was a hard decision to make. As a side note, several years ago Ryan and I were talking about prom, and he said, "You knew you looked good that night." And yes...yes I did. I also think it's just great that I went to prom with my husband! Anyway...back the important stuff...my hair. I got some Natural Instincts semi-permanent color in Coastal Dune. Coastal Dune my butt. It's more like low country mud. But since low country mud is very close to my natural hair color, I decided that it's a sign from God that I return to my roots, literally. I know Ryan will like it, so that's good. He's hasn't been exactly thrilled with my hair getting lighter every time I've come home from the beauty shop over the past several months. And since he did get me a pretty nice piece of jewelry and promise to love me forever, it wouldn't hurt to appease him a little. I think I like it too, so before you get all feminist on me, it's not all for him. It's slightly better than my real hair color, so I might stick with it instead of just letting it all grow out.
You might wonder how I've done all of this on a Monday, but it is President's Day and I have the day off! Poor Ryan is at work, so I have lots of time. I'm supposed to be doing laundry, but the banks are closed and all of the stores I went to earlier to try to get quarters informed me that they couldn't give out change because the banks are closed. I found this funny because if the banks weren't closed, don't you think I would have just gone there in the first place?
So now I have lots of time to kill...I think I'll vacuum and catch up on The Girls Next Door. Happy President's Day!
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment