Monday, February 23, 2009

What's up Kate?

Since I blogged about The Real Housewives, I'll use this opportunity to blog about one of my other favorite shows...Jon and Kate Plus 8. I love this show! I've been addicted to it for a long time now, but lately my interest has been waning. It has nothing to do with those adorable little kiddos...I just can't get enough of how silly they are...but Kate has really been getting on my nerves. She has been so hateful to Jon. I know that they say that's just how they talk to each other...but no. That's not how you talk to your spouse. Sure, we could all talk to each other that way, but we choose not to because, frankly, it's not nice. I can't imagine how Jon must feel when his wife speaks to him like that. I'm sure he's not perfect, but I don't think that resorting to hateful words and attitudes is the key to solve any problem. And I remember Kate telling Mady to be kind to others, but she is certainly not setting a good example for her little girl. Mady seems to have issues with attitude and being kind, and the apple has not fallen far from the tree. I have always defended Kate as a stressed out mother, but as you can see...I'm having a hard time with that now. It's sad that this is a widely seen example of a Christian marriage. And I realize I am judging these people based on a 30 minute tv show, but it's not the portrait of life that I would want shown to the world. I hope that it was just a phase and it will get better...it comes on in 8 minutes so I'll let you know!!
UPDATE: Kate was a little nicer tonight...but did you notice that her and Jon didn't even interact that much? Interesting...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susy. I know that woman has to be so stressed out. I mean, I sometimes loose it with just one baby. I can't imagine having 8! And I think it must be harder on her than me because I don't mind dirt or clutter at times. I am sometimes irritated by how she yells at Jon, too. But unfortunatly, I see that kind of behaviour in myself, too. Still, there is no excuse for it. It's always wrong, no matter what the reason. Like you said, this is a Christian family portraying their marriage to the world. Let's pray like mad that they would be able to show the love of Christ to those who just tune in to see those sweet baby faces. (I love Aiden. And all the others.)
Kristen

Ashley said...

That is the problem I with this show. I love the kids but Kate gets on my nerves. I feel for John.