The Buffalo RiverI'm trying to start to plan our summer, and I was doing a little research when I saw this picture. I almost cried. I think it's just beautiful. I long for a day when I can drive on those winding roads, feeling the hot summer sun on my skin, turn down a dirt road and wade in a creek below a beautiful water fall. I don't know if you will ever find a more faithful Arkansan than me. The second I touch down on that rich dirt I feel a peace and calm wash over me. My daddy raised me right.
Picture from Buffalo Outdoor Center






2 comments:
You are so right! It is really beautiful! One of our favorite things to do is drive to Ferguson's Restaurant (highway 65)and eat. Then go to Gilbert which is 3 miles down the road. It is the coolest place in Arkansas...literally a few degrees cooler all year round. We go to the general store and do a little wading in the water. Gilbert is also a great place to put in to float! I'm ready for summer!
And to think they almost dammed it up...you could spend a lifetime there and never see all the "hollers", waterfalls, and caves...check out the books by Tim Ernst, "Buffalo River Handbook" by K. L. Smith and "Up on the Buffalo" by Norman R. Martin.
Post a Comment