Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Fat Tuesday!

It's Mardi Gras, and I feel like I should be doing something to celebrate! I did not plan ahead enough to fix jambalaya for dinner (Zataran's of course)...so we might just order pizza! It's just as well...you can ususally only get Italian sausage around here...not the smoked stuff you can get back home. Every Fat Tuesday I think of my days in the dorm at U of A. Brough Commons, our main dining hall, had a huge Mardi Gras celebration! The line was usually outside, down the sidewalk, to get in to eat! They had all of the good food, crawfish, jambalaya, etouffee...it was fabulous! They even had a New Orleans style band walking around playing! People that didn't have a meal plan would even pay out of pocket to come eat that night, and everyone from all around campus flocked there to eat, instead of the cafeteria near their dorm. It's a great memory I'll always have! I hope everyone has a great Mardi Gras!!

No comments: