Sunday, February 15, 2009

the importance of health insurance...

This is a little update on the Ethan Hawke story. All I did for my "sprained ankle" was cry, a lot, and ice it. At first I cried because it hurt and second, I cried because I did not have health insurance and I couldn't go to the doctor. I could have gone to the doctor and paid completely out of pocket, but I did mention that it was right after we moved here...so it was a very shallow pocket. My ankle and foot were so swollen that I could not put on a regular shoe, and it hurt until March of the following year. Yes...March of the next year. So, moral of the story is do not take a job that does not offer health insurance. Ever. Despite the many celebrity sitings at this store I took another job 2 months later that had a 401K and health insurance policy. So don't test fate and think that you'll be ok. Fate might trip you on the subway stairs.

No comments: