I realize I keep calling this our buffet. It's not really a buffet...but I don't know what else to call it. 'Cheap Ikea shelf unit that I painted twice' doesn't sound as fancy, so we'll stay with buffet.

This is the finished product. I like that it now matches the shelves that Ryan got me for my birthday last year. I haven't hung the picture yet, but it will hang below the bottom shelf.

Here are two of the canisters I found at TJ Maxx. They have lots of them right now, and I'm tempted to get more, but we're in a small space so I don't want to over do it. I'm going to fill them with wine corks. I found used ones online, but I have been saving them for quite awhile now, so that's what I have so far.

The shelves have some crystal...

and a pewter tray, bowls, and our wine opener set.

Here are the two bottom shelves.

I had to get a basket for our linens.

And I stacked some cookbooks with some more entertaining pieces on top.

The bottom has more cookbooks, our silverware, and two glass bowls.
It's not the greatest look...but it works for now. It's more about function than beauty at this point, and I have a huge stack of cookbooks that did not get put back on here that I have to find a home for.

I'll leave you with a picture of Darby. She was sitting up, and I looked over and saw her starting to fall asleep. Give her a place to rest her head, and she'll be out in no time.
1 comment:
Susy,
It looks great! I have a piece of furniture about the same size and I call it a "sidebar". I really don't know why I call it that either. I think it is something I heard my mom say or something.
Post a Comment