Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hints from Heloise (or me)...

Helpful Hint #1: If you happen to spill red wine on leather simply wipe off with a damp towel.
Helpful Hint #2: If you spill red wine on your cotton twill sofa blot with damp towel and use a little dishwashing liquid.
Helpful Hint #3: If you spill red wine on your carpet, repeat #2.
Helpful Hint #4: If you spill red wine on every piece of clothing you are wearing, immediately strip down and soak in warm water and scrub with dishwashing liquid while wife scrubs furniture.
Helpful Hint #5: If you spill red wine on your dog, don't let her run around and jump on bed, which leads to red wine on pillows.
Helpful Hint #6: If you spill red wine on dog's toy, it's best not to let her lick it and try to eat it.
Helpful Hint #7: If you marry a man who has a habit of spilling red wine, encourage clear liquids and get everything in your home Scotch Guarded.

And for those of you wondering what happened to my buffet (I know you've been on pins and needles)...I procrastinated long enough and today I painted it! I kept saying that I had to wait until it was warm enough to keep the windows open while I painted so I didn't die from the fumes...and today was that day.
See...I wore capris!!! Woo-hoo! Nothing like showing 4 inches of ankle to feel like Spring is coming! Of course I also wore a long sleeve shirt and fleece jacket...but I could feel the breeze on my ankles!
This is the buffet...it is drying...everything will get put back on in an orderly and decorative fashion tomorrow once it has dried and there is no hint of tackiness left.
I printed these wedding pictures and put them in this frame to hang above the new black buffet. The first one didn't crop so well, but I think the overall look is interesting. I think our wedding photographer did an awesome job, and I hope to be ordering some real pics soon, instead of not so good printing jobs done by yours truly.
That's all for now! Have a good week!

No comments: