I just watched Kings on NBC. It is based on the story of King David, and I liked it more than I thought I would. I am hopeful that it will be something that Ryan and I can settle down and watch together on Sunday nights. One distracting thing about the show though is that it is set in Shiloh, aka NYC. The royal residence is The Apthorp, which is 5 blocks from my apartment, and the large room where the court convenes is in the Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle, overlooking Central Park (if you've watched Ellen in NYC, this is where she tapes her show). It's hard to get into the story when it's taking place down the street.
I wonder what non-Christians vs. Christians will think of the show. Did you watch it? What did you think?
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
We did watch it. I liked it. It wasn't the greatest pilot I have ever seen, but I think it is going to be good. I have mixed feelings because I hate it when I know a character is going to have to really go down before they come back up. David is so iconic that sometimes it is hard to imagine that though he was "after God's own heart," he was just a boy dealing with power and all the temptations that come along with it. In the show last night, he seemed so young and sweet. I know things are gonna get crazy though!
Post a Comment