When I am stressed I usually bake. I don't know why I do this, but I've done it since I was a child. I had my mom's chocolate chip cookie recipe memorized by the time I was 13 or 14. I don't crave sweets, unless you consider Sonic Cherry Cokes a sweet treat, so I usually don't eat the things I bake. As we speak these are sitting on the dining table:
Yes, I couldn't wait to make the cupcake bites/pops from Bakerella. There is a baking supply store near work, so I went on my lunch break and got the stuff to make them. I really wanted to do the pops, but they require more supplies, and in light of the work issues that were discussed today, I decided to skip the pops and do the bites. They are not as good as Bakerella's by far, but it's a start. Her cookie cutter that she uses for the bottom is much better. There are color issues with the brand of sprinkles she uses (Mr. Sprinkles), so I opted for nonpareils instead. I think the round cake pops that she makes would really be the way to go. The hardest part was forming the cupcakes and working with them to do the two different colors. I found the candy writers she uses at the supply store, and I think you could do so much with them and different sprinkles to make a plain pop look great. I think mine may have been too moist too.Anyway, it was fun even if it was a lame way to spend a Friday night! Ryan had a work function tonight, so when he gets home he'll have a special treat! I'll let you know how they taste after he has one...I don't even want to try one after working on them for last 4 hours!
Have a great weekend!
***Edited to add this post from DOWN TO EARTH. It's called the "The secret life of a happy homemaker." Take the time to smell the roses and read this post. You'll be glad you did.
***Also we tried the cupcake bites...YUM!






1 comment:
They look perfect! If you aren't going to eat them, then mail them to me. Except I think that chocolate is causing me to have kidney stones! Is it worth it!?! YES!
Post a Comment