Friday, March 13, 2009

Grocery store drama...


I stopped by the market near our apartment after work today to pick up some flowers. It's Spring everywhere else, and I needed a little cheer around here for the weekend. Well, I came home, put them in their vases, and went about my business. A little while ago I was checking my bank account online when I noticed a charge of over $40 to that market! I checked my receipt, and the receipt from the register said $17, while the debit card receipt had the $40+ amount. So I marched myself back to the market to explain my problem. At first they didn't believe me, but then I realized that the $40+ amount was actually the last four digits of my card that had been mistakenly entered instead of the proper amount. So...they called for the manager. I waited...and waited. He finally showed up, mumbled a little, then when the checker at the register next to us glanced over he yelled at her face the other way and do her job! She began yelling back and they got into a full fledged argument right there in front me. After standing there for what felt like forever listening to them hurl insults at each other, I kindly asked the manager if we could focus on my problem. He tried to void the transaction, and it didn't work. He said, oh this is a debit card...I can't void a debit card...you can't get your money. Say what? I promptly said, no sir, you are giving me cash. So I pulled out the trusty iPhone, determined the amount owed, took my money and ran! Good grief! After all of that I don't know if the flowers are going to bring much cheer! They might just remind me of the crazy manager at the market! I hope this isn't a sign of how the weekend is going to be! I hope your Friday night is better than mine has been so far!!! I am using the cash back to go get some Shake Shack for dinner, so I foresee things getting better!

I couldn't resist the daffodils...they haven't opened yet, but when they do I'm sure they will be very cheery!
These are pink tulips with what I think is lisianthus.And yes...I realize it's a recession and I spent $17 on flowers today...but most of you are in the South where Spring is upon you, while I still wear my giant coat that looks like a sleeping bag with buttons down the front. I'm going to sit in my apartment with my $17 flowers and wait for warmer weather, thank you.

1 comment:

Leah said...

You're not alone! I was so excited to get to wear my Chacos that I got for my birthday back in October on Monday...it sleeted here on Thursday. We are still wearing coats, though I am sure it is not quite as cold here! Wait to tell that manager what's up and get your cash!