I read an article from an iReporter on CNN.com today, and I found it fascinating and so true! It's about how to plant a vegetable garden of your own. This is a great way to not only be healthier and eat food that is in season, but grow it yourself with no pesticides and help with making our planet a little healthier. There is no transportation required to get this food to your door, not to mention that it also is a much cheaper way to put food on your table. I cannot wait to get a little piece of my own land so I can have a garden!!Read the article about this woman's "victory" garden HERE.
Do you know what a real victory garden is? And I don't mean the show on PBS (I miss the Amish looking guy that used to be on there...Jamie Durie is too hip for the Victory Garden).
And I have to give a shout out to Mrs. Obama for planting a garden at the White House. I can't believe they haven't had a garden all along. This is the first garden to be on the grounds of the White House since Eleanor Roosevelt had a victory garden in the 1940s. To learn a little bit more about it see HERE.
Another interesting farm is Stone Barns Center For Food & Agriculture. It was created by David Rockefeller and is located north of New York City. They have an amazing chef and create dishes based on what produce is good that day. They also have a restaurant in NYC that I have never been to! It's all just so interesting (to me, anyway). So read up and enjoy!Since it is Spring now is the time to plant your gardens, and I want to see pictures if you do! I will be jealous!






No comments:
Post a Comment