Saturday, January 24, 2009

Inspired...

I have been inspired by Bless Our Nest to do some things around my house...

I decided to organize our DVDs because they were looking very messy and all of the straightening in the world was not going to make them look much better...so...
I got some baskets from TJ Maxx, took the cheapo glass doors off, and, I think, made it look much nicer!

My second job over the weekend is to organize our "buffet"...
As you can clearly see...it's in need of some help! As we got more wedding gifts we just started to stick some of them on here, and we ran out of room (the rest are in the kitchen and stacked in boxes in the downstairs bathroom!). I got some lovely glass canisters to put on top, and I already cleared off the shelves and started reorganizing. I'm also going to paint it black to match the shelves hanging above that Ryan got me for my birthday last year.
We still had some Christmas stuff on top...thank you Mary for the plates...I used them a lot this year...they are so cute! The little tree is from my Grandmommy...it's from the 60s (maybe from Neiman Marcus...she doesn't remember) and she gave it to her mother and sister but then got it back after they passed away. She gave it to me last year, and it still spins around and plays Silent Night!
The shelves were a mess...by the way...no one needs to buy me anymore cookbooks for quite awhile...I'm out of room.

And by the way...this was the buffet in it's absolute worst state...I was cleaning around the apartment and starting sticking stuff on here...that's when I decided to photograph it and redo it...I'm not normally such a slob!

I was so excited to see these glass canisters in the Pottery Barn catalog...I got one just like the small one at TJ Maxx...the PB price is $39...TJ Maxx price...$7.99! Woo-hoo!
I can't wait to post the after pics of the buffet!!

I almost forgot...how do you like my new pillow?

Technically, she's not allowed on the sofa...you see how well that works. :)

2 comments:

Leah said...

I can't wait to see the finished buffet product! I think the canisters will be fabulous! The entertainment center looks very updated! I've got to clean out my pantry and need some major help keeping it decluttered! YIKES!

Leslie said...

I'm a pottery barn and TJ Maxx junkie. But, it's kinda weird to say this, but so is my husband. He loves to browse around in there with me and he has tagged down things he likes in my Pottery Barn magazine that he likes. Everything looks great. Can't wait to see the finished product.