Wednesday, January 14, 2009

And the super said, "Let there be water."

Finally...the last thing that went wrong over the holidays was fixed! Our super gave us a new kitchen faucet, and we have running water again! Well...technically we had running water the whole time...if you call a trickle running water. It took forever to do dishes...hence the pile up in the photo.
We actually have had horrible water pressure since we moved into this apartment 18 months ago, but it slowly got worse, and then Christmas Eve it was just a few drops. I would have to soap up each dish, and then use the sprayer to rinse every time because it had slightly more water and pressure than the faucet. Every night I would march out of the kitchen and declare, "Someday I will have a dishwasher!!! Oh what a glorious day that will be!" Consider yourselves lucky ladies...don't take those things for granted!

Also, I no longer have to fill up the coffee pot in the bathroom (or wait forever for it to get to the 6 cup line in the kitchen!)!!! Woo-hoo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!

Abbie said...

yeah!!! i feel you on the dishwasher thing. we didn't have one in our first house either. i am always so so so thankful to be turning on the machine before i head to bed at night.

Leah said...

We are approaching our one year anniversary of having a dishwasher installed and yes...it is glorious!