Monday, January 19, 2009

Homekeeping...or not.

I've been feeling very restless with my apartment lately, and I want to organize and maybe do some rearranging. I opened the Queen of Organization's Homekeeping Handbook earlier and boy oh boy I'm a lost little puppy. I didn't know where to begin. First of all, it's huge. It's the size of a dictionary. The only thing I figured out was that I recognized every picture in the book. I can see a picture of a dining room or staircase and tell you which of her home's it's from. Aha! That takes talent! And that was a skill I had before I worked there! I once had my horrible boss tell me that I was not yet acquainted with "the brand." That was not the last time he underestimated me...but that's another story for another day...

Anyway...I am also making more Banana Chocolate Chip muffins tonight because I had overripe bananas again! That's what happens in NYC. The bananas never keep. I thought I would share the recipe with you all because it's so easy and it's always a hit, especially with kids or coworkers!
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Ingredients:

1-1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg, slightly beaten
3/4 mashed ripe bananas (1-1/2- 2 med. bananas)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 vegetable oil
1 cup mini semi-sweet choc. chips

Combine dry ingredients and mix. Add wet ingredients. Add bananas and choc. chips. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake large muffins for 20-25 mins and 10-12 for mini muffins. Makes 14 large muffins or lots of mini muffins (I always make the mini ones). This recipe can be doubled. (I use a cookie scooper to scoop the batter in the cups...it's very easy and gives you just the right amount.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Recipe - courtesy of your mother...

Susy said...

thank you momma!