Saturday, January 31, 2009

Little old ladies...

I was watching Oprah this week (yes...I still watch Oprah even though she thinks she she's the center of the universe and you don't get to heaven through Jesus alone)...and they were talking about older women. They were saying that by nature, once a woman reaches menopause she is essentially useless to mankind because she can no longer reproduce. Sorry, Oprah...once again if you'd just refer to the Bible instead of your weird friends and doctors, you would know that older women have an extremely important job. The world has said that they are useless...but God has said that it is their job to prepare the younger generations for homekeeping, child rearing, and to continue helping others. If you think of the little old ladies in your church...isn't that what they always did? I remember a few of them from CBC, and I can't think of a better example of how I want to live my life. I just wish they were all still around to show me more. They were there with casseroles for the sick, mourning, and needy. They were there to prepare the church for celebrations. They were there to rock the babies in the nursery. And if she could only meet my Grandmommy...she sees to it that she is never useless! Useless is not the word that comes to mind when I think of older women...I wish there were more people out there telling this side of the story than the gospel of Oprah. For more info see the Girl Talk blog.

2 comments:

The Heinze's said...

amen..girl...

Leah said...

You tell it Susy! I know I sometimes find myself drawn to watching Oprah, but half the time I just sit there saying "nuh uh...that's so not true!" I love little old ladies! And someday when I am one I hope someone like you is looking out for me!