This article on CNN caught my attention...Five great spas for post-holiday recovery. Why do we need "post-holiday recovery"?
As defined by dictionary.com, holiday means:
1.
a day fixed by law or custom on which ordinary business is suspended in commemoration of some event or in honor of some person.
2.
any day of exemption from work (distinguished from working day ).
3.
a time or period of exemption from any requirement, duty, assessment, etc.: New businesses may be granted a one-year tax holiday.
4.
a religious feast day; holy day, esp. any of several usually commemorative holy days observed in Judaism.
5.
Sometimes, holidays. Chiefly British. a period of cessation from work or one of recreation; vacation.
6.
an unintentional gap left on a plated, coated, or painted surface.–adjective
7.
of or pertaining to a festival; festive; joyous: a holiday mood.
8.
suitable for a holiday: holiday attire. –verb (used without object)
9.
Chiefly British. to vacation: to holiday at the seaside.
I'm just as guilty as everyone else for making the holidays a crazy, hectic time. I just wish we could all see that it's not a time to make everyone else happy, in turn making yourself miserable, stuffing your face, and making sure that your great-aunt whoever got her Christmas card. (I want to clarify this...I don't mean be selfish...I mean set priorities for your family around the holidays and don't let other people guilt you into doing more than you can.) It's my goal with my own new, little family (me, Ryan and of course, Darby) to try to truly the enjoy the holidays and not be exhausted and glad they're over at the end of December. It might be wishful thinking...but I'll just keep wishing.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Amen Susy! As you can tell by my Christmas post we felt this way after the "holiday!" We will do better next year!
Post a Comment