See article from MSN HERE.
I know of a lot of people that have jumped on the bed sharing/co-sleeping bandwagon because they feel it's makes you "closer" to your kids, but I've always thought of it as a no-no. How do you feel about it?
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I think you have to know yourself, how you sleep, if you wake up when someone beside you moves, and you have to know your baby. Of course, there is always a risk. But there is a risk leaving the baby alone, too. SIDS was the number one anxiety for me as a new mama. Cass is past the risk age now, but it crossed my mind every night, whether she was sleeping in my bed or her crib.
Although I wish it were possible to follow every peice of advice new parents get from doctors, media and even friends, each person is different and it's important to do what's best for you and your baby. Example, we live in a drafty house. We only have 2 heaters in this place so Cass' crib was put in a room with one. I contains a flame behind metal bars (our house was built in the 20s). I wish I didn't have to put blankeys in her bed, but in order to keep her warm, I wrap her in 2 blakents when it's cold at night. I also put her in a thin onesie jammie jumper thingy and another thick one. Then, because I feel sorry for her, I give her a baby doll named Maebe. If it's really cold (or if she's sick or she just won't go to sleep after a couple of hours) she'll get in bed with me and Scott.
You do what you gotta do, so to speak.
Post a Comment